The phosphate-based positive electrode material of lithium iron phosphate battery has a long cycle life, excellent safety performance, good high temperature performance, extremely low price, and low temperature performance and rate discharge can reach the level of lithium cobalt acid, etc. Making it the most promising material for power batteries, it may become the main substitute for nickel-cadmium batteries in the next 5 years, a strong competitor for lead-acid batteries in the next 10 years, and may become a strong competitor in the next 20 years. Instead of lead-acid batteries, it becomes the main starting power supply, UPS power supply and backup power supply, and becomes the leader of the secondary battery. On the one hand, most of the pure electric vehicle battery laboratory test data released by various companies, such as acceleration performance, charging time, continuous mileage, etc., need to further verify their reliability under the actual operation of a complex external environment, and production Batch quality control.
On the other hand, in the production of lithium-ion batteries in my country, there has not been a substantial breakthrough in the diaphragm materials required for lithium-ion batteries, all of which are imported and expensive, accounting for more than 30% of the cost of power batteries. If large-scale production technology is realized on this material, the cost can be greatly reduced. For China, which lacks independent and core auto parts technology, the battery and motor system for hybrid/electric vehicles is an important opportunity for Chinese related companies to become the world's leading suppliers. In this regard, the gap between Chinese companies and foreign companies is not as big as the current core technology of parts and components, and they have cost advantages, as well as accumulated experience in electric bicycle batteries (especially lithium batteries).
Advantage analysis of lithium iron phosphate battery industry
- The lithium iron phosphate industry is in line with the guidance of the government's industrial policies. All countries put the development of energy storage batteries and power batteries at the national strategic level, and the supporting funds and policy support are very strong. China is even worse in this regard , In the past, we focused on nickel-metal hydride batteries, but now we focus more on lithium iron phosphate batteries.see more:36v 100ah lithium ion battery
- LFP represents the future direction of battery development. As the technology matures, it may even become the cheapest power battery.
- The market cake of the lithium iron phosphate industry is beyond imagination. The market capacity of cathode materials in the past three years has reached tens of billions. After three years, the annual market capacity will exceed 10 billion yuan, showing a growing trend. It has a market capacity of more than 500 billion US dollars. 4. According to the law of the development of the battery industry, the material and battery industry basically presents a steady growth trend, with good anti-cyclicality and little influence from the national macro-control. As a new type of material and battery, lithium iron phosphate, as the market expands and the penetration rate increases, the industrial growth rate is significantly faster than the overall development speed of the battery industry.
- Lithium iron phosphate battery has a wide range of applications.
- The profit margin of lithium iron phosphate industry is very high. And due to the support of a strong market in the future, the industry can guarantee this high profit margin for a long time.
- The lithium iron phosphate industry has high technical barriers in terms of materials, which can avoid excessive competition.
- The lithium iron phosphate industry will not rely too much on foreign markets, and the raw materials and equipment will not be subject to foreign companies. The entire domestic industrial chain is relatively mature, but domestic companies are slightly inferior in understanding and control of equipment and processes in leading international companies.
Disadvantage analysis of lithium iron phosphate battery industry
- The lithium iron phosphate industry is still in its infancy. The biggest risk lies in technology, and the bottleneck of technology is not limited to a certain point, but involves the entire industrial chain. At present, it seems that the three key technologies of material technology, battery pack technology and battery control system have not been perfectly resolved. In these three fields, there are domestic enterprises involved, but there is no truly successful enterprise. Therefore, it is difficult for lithium iron phosphate to make a big difference in the short term, especially in the application of hybrid or pure electric vehicles.
- The second bottleneck of lithium iron phosphate is cost. Although some lithium iron phosphate batteries have penetrated into the markets of electric tools, electric toys, miner's lamps, UPS power supplies, electric bicycles or other scooters, it is still very difficult to promote them. The main reason is that there is no competitive advantage in price. Ni-MH, Ni-Cd, and lead-acid batteries still dominate the market. The new energy vehicle market targeted by many companies is restricted by technology and usage environment, and it will take a long time to open up the situation. Therefore, "there is no market for lithium iron phosphate" is also an indisputable fact.
- The third prominent problem is that the lithium iron phosphate industry is currently in a state of disorder, the industrial division of labor is not clear, and the connection between upstream and downstream is not smooth. As a result, the materials produced by the material manufacturers cannot be well utilized, so they can only make batteries by themselves; the battery factory cannot buy suitable materials, so they make materials by themselves. At the beginning, many enterprises had a very clear positioning, only doing one link, and later stretched the industrial chain very long. As a result, the talent, capital and management could not keep up and the project failed.
- Talents in the lithium iron phosphate industry are dispersed, and a complementary mechanism cannot be formed. Lithium iron phosphate is a high-tech industry, and the success or failure of a project depends not on an individual, but on a team. However, most domestic lithium iron phosphate enterprises are supported by 1-2 technicians, without the concept of a team.